A VISUAL SYNOPSIS OF ANTONIA J ELLIS
anto_jane@hotmail.com

Sunday, January 3, 2010

XMASTICATE/

the dilemma i often find myself contemplating over is the fact that i usually don't go running after a certain 'theme' or 'idea' in my photos. and the issue, i guess, really is that i don't know whether this is a good thing or not. i treat my photos as a hobby and as a visual diary. i like to document my thoughts, my events and the people i see. so that i can look back and actually have something to look back on.
i have never once declared myself a photographer, and i dont intend to. i highly agree with the notion that just because you own a camera, that does not make you a photographer. i just feel the need sometime to really push myself and step outside of my comfort zone, something that i loathe doing. otherwise, i will simply end up with an abundance of photos that while as a collective whole, they represent my most recent histories, individually they represent something very minimal and insignificant.

i don't know.
and i don't know if you have any idea of what i am talking about. it is hard to get thoughts down when TROY is playing in the background and the sounds of bad acting take up any spare brain space.

yeah,
christmas sucks a giant cock.
and these photos bring back the issue i was just talking about. they mean something to me, and probably nothing to you.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with what you said like " i treat my photos as a hobby and as a visual diary. i like to document my thoughts, my events and the people i see. so that i can look back and actually have something to look back on" I think every person should do that.. Even if their a photographer. But then what makes one become a photographer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps people who go out and arrange and know what they are after in their photos. are they going to look at urban compositions? or portraits of people with wet hair? i know what you mean with that question. its a confusing and debatable subject for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes thats true, But then even some photographers wouldnt know what to shoot... But yeah this topic/discussion is very debatable!
    By the way, Your post's are amazing.
    xo

    ReplyDelete